Sunday, January 11, 2015

"That's Why I live in the County"


* I want my dogs to be able to run loose--that's why I live in the county.
* I want to keep chickens in my yard-that's why I live in the county.
* I want to let my grass grow--that's why I live in the county.
* I want to park in my front yard--that's why I live in the county.
* I want to shoot my gun in the back yard--that's why I live in the county.
* I want to live next door to a (noisy business/pig farm/dump)--that's why I live in the county.

Oh, wait, you've never heard the last reason. No, probably not, but we are utterly amazed that anyone who prefers to live in the county for the first five reasons has the temerity to complain about their next door neighbor's noise.

No, Alabama does not have home rule for counties. If you want to live in the county for the first five reasons, don't complain about the sixth one. You don't look very intelligent.

*****

The WVNA sign by O'Neal Bridge continues to rust and foster copious climbing plant growth. The sign now belongs to Urban Radio Broadcasting of Mobile. Do they care? Probably not. The property it sits on apparently belongs to the City of Florence; however, the city seems to also overlook this eyesore--it's in Dick Jordan's district.

It's been on our Shoals Eyesore list for some time. It seems it will remain so for the foreseeable future.

*****

The Sherwin-Williams Police has issued a new warrant for Lucky's Package Store on Jackson Highway in Sheffield. Now it's a compound felony--the bright yellow street paint is currently abetted by purple lights around the windows. What? The drunks can't find it otherwise?

*****. 

While looking for info on the Sheffield City Jail, we found:




Shoalanda

No comments:

Post a Comment