Saturday, October 1, 2016

News from the Midnight Rider/Who Writes These Blurbs?

Pizza/Minimum Wage, The Puppy, & Clowns
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Original_Photo/2011/11/23/pizza__1322067494_5957.jpg
Recently, there have been news articles about McDonald’s Employees wanting $15.00 per hour for wages. While the Rider thinks the current Minimum Wage is too low, that may be a little much. Got me to thinking, are the employees entitled for the wage raise? Let me relate an incident that the Rider faced last night.
The Rider called a local Pizza Restaurant. I advised them that I wanted to pick my pizza up since I was out and about. There was music blasting in the background so the conversation went like this:
Me: I would like to place an order
Pizza Guy: What would you like?
Me: A Medium pizza with “XY” on it.
PG: I’m sorry, what was that?
Me: A Medium pizza with “XY” on it.
PG: I didn’t catch that.
Me: A Medium pizza with “XY” on it.
PG: I am having a hard time hearing you.
Me: A Medium pizza with “XY” on it. “While I’m thinking ‘if you will turn down the music you could hear me.”
So, I wait the 20 minutes and then go to pick up my pizza. The young lady at the desk asked my name and then brought me my pizza. I opened it up and guess what? Yep, not even close. I told the girl that it was wrong. She looked at the computer and then called someone else over. She told me that they did not know who took my order. I said thank you and walked out.
Does that deserve $15 per hour?
The Puppy
Mickey Frost
From WAAY 31 News :
20-year-old Mickey Frost turned himself in Friday to Florence police after learning a warrant was issued for his arrest. Frost bonded out of the Lauderdale County Detention Center a short time after his arrest. Frost was arrested for filing a false police report after the said he saw someone throw a puppy from a vehicle.
+1  
Milagro
Little Milagro had surgery Wednesday to remove her eye. She is recovering well.
Turns out Frost was the puppy's owner and claimed he panicked after another dog attacked the puppy. Frost will not face animal cruelty charges according to Florence City officials because the veterinarian examining the puppy could not rule out Frost's story of the puppy being attacked.
The puppy has been named Milagro and is recovering from her injuries at the Florence Animal Hospital. The puppy had a fractured skull and had to have an eye removed last week.
I am glad that the puppy is doing better. No animal should have to go through what it has. Luckily, someone has stepped forward and paid for the puppy’s bills. Hopefully, someone will come forward and adopt the puppy and give it a loving and caring life. The puppy deserves it.
Now, to the person who did this, I understand that the Police can only Charge him with the False Reporting to Police. Here is the Statue for the Charge:
Alabama Code - Section 13A-10-9: False reporting to law enforcement authorities.
(a) A person commits the crime of false reporting to law enforcement authorities if he knowingly makes a false report or causes the transmission of a false report to law enforcement authorities of a crime or relating to a crime.
(b) False reporting to law enforcement authorities is a Class A misdemeanor.
We can only hope that the Judge will give him the maximum sentence for the Charge. Sometimes I wonder if “Frontier Justice” shouldn’t be allowed.
Clowns
http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2014915/rs_560x374-141015142034-1024.Clown.4.ms.101514_copy.jpg
Recently, there have been a lot of reports of clowns jumping out at people. Clowns? Let me make this short and understandable for these clowns. This is the South, specifically Alabama. What is something that most people have in the South as well Alabama? Guns. You’re going to jump out at the wrong person one time and the last sound you hear with be the sound of the Slide locking back on an empty Magazine. You will be diagnosed with Acute Lead Poison.
The End
I am and always will be, the midnight rider

https://www.freeonlinephotoeditor.com/tmp/img-5744fe72cc940/step0003.jpg?1464139539412

*****


*****

We were intending to comment on "three of the members" of the Florence Tourism Board supporting Mickey Haddock in the upcoming election; however, we found this website. Tell us what's wrong with it...beside the huge photo of Rob Carnegie on the home page and this lovely sentence: The Singing River influence their way of life just as it compelled William Christopher Handy to reproduce the sounds of our unique Southern Soul.


*****






No comments:

Post a Comment