Sunday, March 18, 2012

"The King of Castle Rock"


 Michael Rooker & Thomas Beane


The blogosphere is like the universe, ever expanding--at least that's our excuse for not keeping up. While reading a Facebook post of our friend Thomas Beane, we discovered he has a blog, a very good blog, a fantastic blog in fact. We've found blogs are always better when nouns and verbs are in agreement and we don't have to rotate the screen to make heads or tails of it.

The "King" in Thomas' blog is none other than Stephen himself, and that should get most bibliophiles' ink juices flowing. If you don't like Stephen King? Well, shame on you for starters, but we think you'll find many items of interest here whether King's unique brand of horror (or should that be frights of fantasy) is to your liking or not.


*****

Anyone who reads this blog regularly knows that we don't distance ourselves from controversial stances. Therefore, we're about to offend many, including a few dear friends, but we love what we've seen so far--it's brilliant. If you don't know what we're talking about, here's an initial peek. We can hardly wait until the merry month of May.




Shoalanda

4 comments:

  1. Thomas' blog is awesome!

    As a fan of the original Dark Shadows, I think Burton missed an opportunity. Where the original was soap opera campy because of the unabashed melodrama, Burton's version looks almost slapstick in its approach. I hope the movie is going to be better than the trailer. From what I've seen, it looks as if he remade Love At First Bite instead of Dark Shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid, we watched Dark Shadows every night...there was a period of time it came on right after school, too. This preview looks more like a comedy than what I remember Dark Shadows being...but then again, it is Tim Burton...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to remember rushing home from junior high to be sure I was in front of the television at 3:30. Look at it this way--Burton turned "Sleepy Hollow" into a dark film. This is yang to "Hollow's" yin.

      Delete
  3. I want to thank you for the kind, and first ever, review of my blog. The blog has only been in existence for a little over a month, and I have been humbled with the amazing response to it. I cannot express how rewarding it is to have readers appreciate my "work" and share my deep love for Stephen King's work. It really is a labor of love to explore the world that King has built. Again, thank you.

    ReplyDelete