Monday, November 5, 2018

Anyone Still Think Chad Young Wants "Civility?"



Chad's Last Minute Dash

Chad Young says he wants to bring civility back to government. Really? This has been posted on Andrew Sorrell's Facebook page:

I am EXTREMELY disappointed to learn of the vicious attacks on me and my campaign that began last night. I was watching the Alabama/LSU game and received a text message with a picture of a hit-piece mailer that landed in mailboxes yesterday afternoon. After the football game, an even worse TV ad began playing on local news and continued through this morning.
Both the mailer and TV ads are packed with half-truths and outright lies. I will not even dignify them with a response. They are laced with malicious and deceitful words and intended to destroy my reputation as a small businessman and undermine my campaign’s platform. This last-minute attack reeks of desperation.
My wife and I waited overnight so we could digest this information and decide how to respond. We both agreed, we will not respond in similar fashion. We have opted to “turn the other cheek” and trust that our reputation will speak for itself.
You see, I made a promise to my opponent back in June that I would not attack him personally. We were in Spring Park for the Helen Keller Festival, and we struck a bargain that we would stick to issue discussion only and not go negative. I looked him in the eye and we shook hands on it. The way I was raised, that means I have to keep my promise no matter what.
The truth is, I’m very proud of the campaign my wife and I have run! We have personally knocked on over 11,000 doors. We have attended over 200 community events in the past year. Our volunteers and supporters have kept this race clean and positive, just as they were asked to do by me from the very beginning. Win or lose, I will go to bed on election night very satisfied that we did our best to win WITHOUT sacrificing our principles on the altar of political gain.
Now, the decision rests with the voters. I ask that you send a message to the people responsible for the content of these ads on November 6th. The truth is, my wife and I will be happy either way. If we lose, we will return to growing our two small businesses, buying furniture and decorating our house, and enjoying life together as newlyweds. My wife will be adopting a kitten from the shelter (a promise I made her a couple months ago!)
If we win, I’ll be honored to serve you in the Alabama State House for the next four years. Rest assured, I will keep my campaign promises to you when I get to Montgomery just as I am keeping my word to my opponent now that I would not go negative. If you have any questions about the information contained in these despicable ads, please call me on my cell at 256-415-6779 and I’ll be happy to discuss. I ask for your consideration and your vote on Tuesday, November 6th.
Sincerely,
Andrew Sorrell

We're not sure who forwarded the anti-Sorrell message to us originally (see our earlier blog), but obviously it was someone who wanted Young to win. If he wins, it will be without our vote. And at this point, we wouldn't trust him enough to purchase real estate from him.

No comments:

Post a Comment