Friday, November 30, 2018

Waffle House, Trains, & the Rattlesnake




Waffle House, Trains & the Rattlesnake

By: The Midnight Rider


Waffle House

Related image

This week, I saw a news report on WAAY 31 News about a male that had fell through the roof at the Waffle House in Tuscumbia, Alabama.   Here is the article from the WAAY 31 news site:

“A 27-year-old from Birmingham, Wesley Glenn Bost, fell through the ceiling at a Waffle House in Tuscumbia Sunday morning.

Tuscumbia Police say surveillance video shows Bost went into the bathroom locked himself in and tied his blue jeans to the door. He then climbed into the ceiling and fell through. They said he did a lot of damage to the restaurant and broke the sink and toilet.
After Bost fell through the ceiling, jumped into his car and police chased him. He then left the car and fled on foot. Police are getting warrants on him for the damage caused at the Waffle House”
There is also a video of the incident.  I must warn you if you watch the video be aware, there is some strong language involved.  Mr. Bost caused a major amount of damage to this facility.
With the above in mind, let’s look at the situation.   When The Midnight Rider was younger, he was known to do some stupid stuff.  However, it never crossed my mind to say “hey, let’s get jacked up, go to the Waffle House and fall through the ceiling.”  What was this young mind thinking? Actually, it appears that he was not thinking. I am sure that the guests at the Waffle House got more than their money’s worth with this incident.  



Trains Again

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/NhMLeSjzeVU/maxresdefault.jpg

I recently had an article published about the train situation in Sheffield, Tuscumbia
and Muscle Shoals.  The day after I wrote the article, I had to go to downtown
Sheffield to get something. Guess what? Yep, you guessed it.  I got caught by a
train on Atlanta Ave. Drove over to Montgomery Ave and it’s blocked also.

I finally got across the tracks and got my item.  I went across Atlanta Ave, thinking I
had it made.  When I got to Avalon Ave, there was another train. I give up.  I am
just going to stay in the east end of the County. I guess I will just going to
Lawrence County to buy things.  

Rattlesnake Saloon

Image result for rattlesnake  tuscumbia alabama
I recently read an article about the Rattlesnake Saloon on a website.  I have never been to this Restaurant. However, after reading the article, I think I am going to get my wife, Harley Rider and go visit the Saloon.  I noticed that they have trail rides there. Harley Rider has a new horse named Keri that she needs to ride some. Maybe we will make a day of it.
I wonder if they will let us bring Festus the dog.


Finally
I know the above is supposed to be satire.  However, in today’s society, who
knows if it is not true.    
That’s it for now. But remember that the Midnight Rider will always be around to voice his/her/their (?) opinion.




I am and always will be, the Midnight Rider...


1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's just me, but this Waffle House 'kid' might ought to be drug-tested.

    ReplyDelete