Thursday, January 7, 2016

Is Muscle Shoals Guilty of Illegal Sports Recruiting?


From Leslie M. Shoals:

So what is the law on recruiting for high schools????

TIMESDAILY TODAY - http://www.timesdaily.com/sports/high_school/florence/morgan-leaves-wilson-for-muscle-shoals/article_ba18c23f-642d-53e6-996a-7c8ab353903a.html

Morgan Leaves Wilson for Muscle Shoals.

“They contacted me last year and talked to my dad about it,” Morgan said. “They convinced him about Muscle Shoals and they convinced me to go there. … (My dad and I) got an apartment about two weeks ago. It’s a nice town.”

Superintendent Basden knows the state athletic association isn't going to enforce the rules, and with good ole boy toy Holden (who is a Lauderdale Co. School Board member where Wilson is one of HIS schools) just does as he is told at MSCS. Where is his loyalty Lauderdale County?

Maybe someone will "leak" this to someone that cares.

Concerning MSCS RECRUITING FOOTBALL PLAYERS:


"Morgan said transferring wasn’t done on impulse, but one that was thought out after being contacted by Basden and defensive coordinator Chris Balentine last year. They contacted me last year and talked to my dad about it,” Morgan said. “They convinced him about Muscle Shoals and they convinced me to go there. … (My dad and I) got an apartment about two weeks ago. It’s a nice town.”

*****

So what is the law on high school recruiting? From an April 2012 AL.com article:

Stiffer penalties passed recently by the Alabama High School Athletic Association are intended to discourage recruiting by coaches. Beginning with the 2012-13 academic year, a team found guilty of recruiting will go on restrictive probation and will be banned from the state playoffs for a year.

Any coach ruled to have been involved in illegal recruiting faces a ban from coaching at an AHSAA school for a full year, as well.


So? Is there a problem or not? Here's a useful link:




Shoalanda

No comments:

Post a Comment