Sunday, July 12, 2015

Good Ol' Boy Journalism?


I think it's time to end the "Good Ol' Boy" network between the Times Daily and the City of Tuscumbia. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have yet another article with the "self-promoting" Tuscumbia Park Director, Joel Kendrick. This time he's singing his praises for people visiting the Tuscumbia Roundhouse Museum.

The Times Daily has done nothing but provide us with feel good blah blah fluffy journalism. I know I'm not pointing out anything new here, but I am so tired of these puffed up grandiose Joel Kendrick articles written by Bernie Delinski. Now don't get me wrong, I think Mr. Delinski is quite talented and I very much enjoy his "non-Tuscumbia" columns. I just don't see the validity of Mr. Delinski covering a city where his wife is employed by the city's attorney. That my friends can create quite a precarious predicament. Can I trust that these articles are unbiased? 

Hmm ... It's interesting that every time there are rumblings over concerns with Tuscumbia's poor park conditions (etc.) that a happy-feel-good article pops up in the Times Daily. I guess that means that Joel has Bernie on speed-dial! Yep, it's Good Ol' Boy journalism in action. And by the way, the Roundhouse article mentioned the need for roundhouse volunteers. Well, whatever happened to men who once volunteered at the roundhouse? Can we get a quote from Mr. Kendrick on that?



Tuscumbia Muskrat

No comments:

Post a Comment