It seems that no matter how ignorant of the Bible people are, there is one verse that everyone knows. No, it’s not John 3:16. Some people still don’t know that one; however, everyone seems to know Matthew 7:1, wherein Jesus says, “Judge not, that ye be not judged” (KJV). In fact, the less of the Bible people know, the more they’re prone to know and repeat this verse. If we had a nickel for every time someone accused us of “intolerantly” violating this verse, we could pay our server costs and possibly quit our day jobs. - Kim Olsen
* Of interest to those who are following the CON, I would refer you to a recent news article where HH is challenging the practice of Crestwood Hospital, their closest competition, of doing invasive cardioangiography without the presence of an open heart surgery program. Ironically, this is going on at HKH, which is supported by HH, and one of their arguments has been that it is perfectly safe. Testimony by the cardiac surgeon during the CON said that it is legal but probably not ethical to do so given the fact that there might be need for open intervention if difficulties occur. It is ironic that HH will support one of their own in this endeavor but feels like it is wrong for their competition to provide the same service. Anyone with doubts about what is going on in this entire matter is being blinded to the truth.
* Huntsville Hospital is trying to get a monopoly on the health care. Lauderdale County needs their own hospital and I hope everyone supports Regional Care. Our daughter was recently admitted to ECM and then transferred to Children's Hospital. We got excellent care while we were there. I don't want to go to Colbert County for hospital stays. We get the new hospital and we will get new doctors coming in.
* My husband's cousin (in his late 50's) recently had quadruple by-pass surgery at ECM. His surgeon was a doctor who is new to the area who had been practicing--successfully--at UAB. He decided he liked this area to raise his children instead of Birmingham. My husband's cousin received excellent care. He is now home, and on his way to recovery. Lauderdale needs a new hospital, we need more primary care physicians to replace the ones who are retiring at a disturbing rate! As the voice said in Field of Dreams: "If you build it, they will come."
On attorneys in the news:
* People wonder why attorneys have a bad name. (Name Censored) is a prime example. I guess the Shoals area has a short memory.
Editor's note: We chose not to identify the subject attorney, in keeping with our policies, since any alleged crimes have been dealt with. Just consider us the blind man on the corner. Anyone having issues with local attorneys should contact their county bar association.
On rogue blogs:
* They'll do anything to try and promote their agenda of gossip and trashing people they don't even know. I feel sorry for people like that. They have no life of their own, so they have to (be) all up in everybody's business 24/7.
* They need to grow up and move on. No one cares what they have to say. Well...occasionally it is fun to read and laugh at their level of crazy, but only occasionally. Most of the time it is beyond rational thought and can't really be deciphered with logic or reason. That's not funny...that's just sad.
* I see they copy your or O.B.'s blog word for word then add a short comment. Can't you sue them for that?
Editor's note: While it is a copyright violation, speaking only for us without consulting O.B., they just aren't worth it.