It seems that no matter how ignorant of the Bible people are, there is one verse that everyone knows. No, it’s not John 3:16. Some people still don’t know that one; however, everyone seems to know Matthew 7:1, wherein Jesus says, “Judge not, that ye be not judged” (KJV). In fact, the less of the Bible people know, the more they’re prone to know and repeat this verse. If we had a nickel for every time someone accused us of “intolerantly” violating this verse, we could pay our server costs and possibly quit our day jobs. - Kim Olsen
Pictured above is Raymond Demetrius Gibson Jr. At the advanced age of 21, Mr. Gibson has enjoyed quite the colorful life. Let's take a look:
1. November 5, 2011 - Raymond Demetrius Gibson Jr., 20, 305 N. Weakley St., Florence, is
charged with first-degree theft of property, third-degree theft of
property, attempted second-degree arson and two counts of third-degree
2. February 1, 2012 - Raymond Demetrius Gibson Jr., 20, 409 Sweetwater Ave., Florence; second-degree receiving stolen property.
3. July 12, 2012 - Gibson stabbed Kenneth Parrish, grandfather of his ex-fiancee', just before midnight.
4. July 13, 2012 - Gibson fatally stabbed his ex-fiancee' Savanna Brooke Parrish multiple times at around 5:00 a.m. Gibson was also stabbed in the altercation and taken to a local hospital for treatment. (A preliminary autopsy report indicates Parrish was stabbed more than 10
times and had stab wounds all over her body, many of which were
defensive wounds to her hands and arms.)
5. September 11, 2012 - Lauderdale County deputies arrested Gibson on the charge of Felony Murder.
6. November 16, 2012 - Gibson walked away from work release around 5:45 a.m., according to Florence police. Gibson turned himself in just after 8 a.m.
7. February 4, 2013 - A Lauderdale County grand jury failed to indict Gibson on charges of Felony Murder. Gibson still faces the earlier charges involving at least three burglaries. He may also face charges related to the stabbing of Kenneth Parrish and escape from the work release program. So much for being able to indict that ham sandwich.... Shoalanda