Raymond Gibson and Brooke Parrish
At 4:30 p.m. on July 8th, Savanna Brooke Parrish, 20, changed her Facebook status from "Enganged" to "Single." At 4:30 a.m. on July 13th, Brooke's ex-fiance' fatally stabbed the young woman who was the mother of his infant son Jaylen Grant Parrish.
Lauderdale County Sheriff Ronnie Willis has stated Raymond Gibson, 21, had previously been involved in an altercation with Brooke's grandfather on Thursday night. Our sources at the LCSO have reported Kenneth Parrish, 65, suffered extensive blood loss but is expected to make a full recovery.
The deputy also stated Brooke may have attempted to break up an argument between Gibson and her uncle. No matter the cause of the conflict, a child not yet one year old now has no parents. Gibson has a minor record, but no previous history of violent crimes and is expected to be charged with Felony Murder.
From the Desk of Russell Pigg, CEO of ECM Hospital (RegionalCare) -
I want to provide you with a quick summation of our meeting tonight with property owners of the preferred site for the new North Alabama Medical Center. The following information was shared with the group:
* The preferred site encompasses six blocks from Helton Drive through Enterprise Street, just past the bridge overpass on Veteran’s Drive.
* We have signed a letter of intent with New Vision United Methodist Church.
* There are available alternate sites if agreement cannot be reached with all property owners.
* Property owners will be offered double (100% more than) the appraised property value.
* Local appraisers will be used during the valuation process.
* Title searches, appraisals, transfer taxes and broker fees will be covered by RegionalCare.
* Sellers will be issued an earnest money of 10% of the purchase price once clear title is established and all property owners are under contract by October 1, 2012.
* Owners will be issued final checks at the completion and approval of the CON and government required processes.
* Estimated closing date is the first half of 2014.
We had a good group in attendance tonight and are excited about moving ahead with this phase of the project. Our local broker will begin making contact with owners on Friday. As events occur, I will keep you posted. I appreciated your many efforts to make our hospital the areas (sic) first choice for healthcare.
All property owners under contract by October 1, 2012? It's going to be an interesting summer...