Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Codepink/Shannon Johnson


Earlier today, a group called Codepink protested the senate confirmation of Jeff Sessions as U.S. attorney general. What is Codepink? From Wikipedia:

...a left-wing NGO that describes itself as a "grassroots peace and social justice movement working to end U.S.-funded wars and occupations, to challenge militarism globally, and to redirect our resources into health care, education, green jobs and other life-affirming activities".

The Wiki article goes on to say the group has branched out in certain areas. It would appear so if it's now protesting Sen. Sessions' appointment. 


*****

And now a word from one of Prince's friends:

Hi, people. I'm a raccoon name Rainey. Yep, I get a bad rap from time to time since I wear a mask. I'm asking two things: first, don't consider me a bandit, consider me a superhero; second, to that bunch of scraggly individuals who call themselves a band, please remove my picture from your advertising. My raccoon brothers and sisters and I don't rob people or point guns at them. You're profiling and you don't have much room to talk. That is all.

Thank you, Rainey, but we doubt your message will have much impact. After all, not everyone can read.


*****

Our prediction for the Shannon Johnson trial? He'll be convicted and get life as a habitual offender. What if he's found not guilty? He's already serving two consecutive sentences and in all probability won't leave prison until he's 66--still young enough to raise some, uh, heck. Let's hope he's found guilty.





No comments:

Post a Comment