Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter 2016




Today is Easter, and we have only to look out our windows to see that Spring is upon us again--a time of renewal, or change. Many honor Christ's death, burial, and resurrection only this one day of the year, but for those who seek to do so every day, we have a challenge.

"I was naked, and you clothed me: I was sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me."

Most of us visit the sick, most of us give to charities that help provide clothing to those who need it, but how many of us give a second thought to those in prison? Yet, almost everyone knows someone who's incarcerated for whatever reason. Today we're asking you to consider whom you know in prison, to pick someone you think has a chance of living a productive life once released, and to pray for this person. We're asking you to go beyond praying and to write to this person. No, we don't want you to send funds to this person, but to encourage him or her.

Renewal should be for everyone; we know that Christ's love is.



Happy Easter from all of us at Shoalanda Speaks

No comments:

Post a Comment