Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Bear Creek Is Broke?



CITIZENS OF BEAR CREEK: Since there is no page that I know of to share town business, reluctantly, as a representative of this town as a councilman, I want to make aware a few things that the citizens of this town may not know.
1) We are dead broke. Beyond broke.
2) We are spending more money than we are bringing in.
3) Within the last year, we have borrowed $200,000 to pay bills that we were behind on, with the most recent being $100,000 just last week at a special called meeting.
4) The water department is now approximately 3/4 of a million dollars in debt.
5) We are trying to borrow our way out of debt.
6) No financials or talk of financials are ever brought before the council, ever. The council has no idea where the city stands because no records and no checks and balances are ever put in place, even though this has all been asked for repeatedly.
7) Our last audit was for the year 2015.
8) The bank can not talk to councilman about the debt or finances.
9) The town owes the Park & Rec approximately $10,000. The kids could use that.
10) We have no contract with BCDA for the camp ground and there is no meeting or no talk about a future contract.
11) These are just a few.
All I am stating is facts that I thought the citizens may be interested in since our finances are spiraling down the drain. This is just a few of the things. This may be considered wrong by some, but I have been left with no choice. It is my obligation to make sure the people know. I will not debate right or wrong with anyone. I'm simply doing what I think I should for the people I represent. Right or wrong, now you no SOME of what we are facing. If you care to talk more about these issues, please come to a council meeting or feel free to call me at 205-269-3654. I am always open to talk to anyone about our little town. That is what I am here for. 
Daniel Green

No comments:

Post a Comment