Sunday, October 19, 2014

Readers' Views/Update on Investigation


From a reader on Sheffield Police/City reaction to storm:

It has been reported to me that on October 13, 2014, when the tornado hit Tuscumbia, shoppers in the manager of the Dollar General store located on 6th St. in Sheffield, closed the store and FORCED shoppers OUT of the store when the tornado sirens went off.

Monday afternoon, when the storms were entering The Shoals, I saw that several Sheffield traffic lights were out.  I notified Sheffield PD of this.  I was informed by the officer taking my call that 'all of the power was out'.  I told him that he was in error, as the street lights were all still working.  This same officer informed me that 'those lights are on a generator.'  Really.......??????   

From a reader on Phil Andrews:

I've never e-mailed you before but please take a few moments to look at the Phil Andrews for Sheriff facebook page and pay special attention to the latest pictures involving his animals. The first election photo he ever took (I believe over a year ago) was of his family and 4 inside dogs which he cares for meticulously. He also has an inside cat who is not pictured. He has a pet goat that he has pictures of standing on his back and looking over his shoulder, he loves this goat as well as the 20 year old horse he keeps in his garage at night in the winter just so he doesn't get cold. There is not any more of an animal lover than Phil, the proof is in the pictures, and some of these pictures were taken several years ago. He's a very good and very honest man, you will simply not find a better person with a bigger heart. Thanks very much for taking the time to read this and look at the Phil Andrews for Sheriff facebook page.

I know that he has attended many public forums where he has addressed his plans and he's very open about them when he's asked directly, he really does care very much about the welfare of the county. I'm not a relative of his (nor am I Phil!!), I'm a police officer of over 24 years in colbert county and I'm very concerned about the wellbeing of the people in the county after this election. I know he is a well qualified man of high morals and character and I'm proud to call him a friend. Thank you for the reply and because I know you're very busy, I appreciate the time you've taken with me very much.

*****

We've had several questions on a recent death that Florence Police were looking into. Our source has been mum...as in "I have nothing new to report."

What does this mean? It could mean the investigation is closed and the death was ruled something other than homicide. We feel it means the investigation is ongoing. If it were over, why not say so?

As soon as we have any further comment, we will report it here.

*****





Shoalanda

No comments:

Post a Comment