Sunday, August 29, 2021

Andy Goes to the Dogs

 

This Is Andy...



This Is Andy In May - The Last Time He Visited The Shelter



This Is Andy On Left With August Shelter Dog



This Is Andy On Right With July Shelter Dog


We could go on, but you get the non-picture. Andy has visited the shelter exactly twice since its opening. Handy Dandy Andy says he's too busy to drive the 5.2 miles to the shelter from his downtown office. He's not willing to drive 10.4 miles round trip to pose with a shelter animal once a month. This is the same Andy who refused to authorize snow plows to clear an extra two blocks so shelter employees could get to work during the last ice storm.

So Andy's too busy? Just what is Andy Betterton doing besides taking an afternoon nap? Doesn't Florence deserve a real mayor? 



2 comments:

  1. It sounds like Andy has a lot in common with Joe: he's as 'useful' as [bleep!] on a boar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pictured in this picture and the director of the Florence-Lauderdale shelter was also pictured but removed. I do not know how many times Andy visits the shelter, but I was there for the charity yard sale. I support our local shelters and spent a lot of money that day for the fur babies. I donate to both shelters and bring food and supplies to both shelters in our area. I was asked to share while I was shopping about the nice things there and the fur babies. I do not appreciate being posted for anyone’s political agenda. For me, this was an impromptu picture and the Mayor had just asked me about a family member that had had a grave illness and then a wonderful miracle. I know there have always been issues with shelters, but can we speak about the dog fighting rings in Colbert county that keeps being swept under the rug? These are not just rumors, we have to protect the animals. In the future, please do not use a picture of me out of context or at least let me fix my hair lol. My concern was with our furry friends.

    ReplyDelete