Friday, September 1, 2023

If You Shopped at Walmart or Sam's Today...

 



If you purchased groceries at Walmart/Sam's in Alabama today, you paid over 200% of taxes due. Why?

Today was the first day of reduced taxes on groceries in the state. In other words, if you have been paying 9% total, you will now pay 8%. That is unless you shopped at Walmart or Sam's which today charged customers at both tax rates for a total of 17%.

Hang on to your receipts. Walmart/Sam's says you will need to take your receipt to customer service to obtain a refund. 

What? You expected everything to go right in Alabama?


*****


Hi, I'm Walt. I'm told that I'm a Jack Russell mix, just over two years old. All I know is that someone needs to adopt me...pronto! I'm at the Florence shelter in the industrial park:



3 comments:

  1. So much for the first 'talking point':

    https://www.foxnews.com/media/dei-hiring-practices-k-12-schools-require-teachers-show-commitment-left-wing-ideology-watchdog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your first mistake is presenting biased opinions and tabloids from fox as news. They are not news. There was an entire court case about it where their CEO admitted it and gets away with it because of Reagan destroying the fairness doctrine.

    What year did you receive your education? I believe it's obsolete.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry if reading comprehension isn't your forte. As fir my educational background, I have 4 undergraduate degrees and a Masters. Your turn.

    ReplyDelete