Friday, May 22, 2020

They're Mad in Muscle Shoals Now!





Who is Skyler Kirchner?

My name is Skyler Kirchner and I am teaching 9th & 10th Grade Honors History at Muscle Shoals High School. I am an assistant varsity baseball coach and an assistant middle school football coach. This is my third year in the Muscle Shoals School system. I taught 8th Grade World History at Muscle Shoals Middle School in 2018-2019 and I worked with some awesome educators and students in the special education department at the middle school for the 2017-2018 school year. I am a 2016 graduate of the University of North Alabama , summa cum laude with my BS in social science. While at UNA, I was a member of Phi Kappa Phi, Kappa Delta Pi, Gamma Theta Upsilon honor societies, voted Secondary Education Student of the Month and recipient of the Social Studies Outstanding Academic Achievement Award for 2017. In 2017, I taught 9th grade World History and 11th grade United States History at Sheffield High School and was the assistant varsity baseball coach. I am currently pursuing my masters in social science at the University of North Alabama. I enjoy spending time with family and my pets. In my free time, you can find me in the gym or on the golf course! I love history and have a special passion for historical conspiracy theories. I am happy to be at the high school this year and be a part of Muscle Shoals City Schools. GO TROJANS!!!!

What is the fuss?

It seems the assistant coach has been terminated. Now students are protesting and have initiated a petition to rehire Kirchner. 

Are there two sides to the story? We're sure there are. In the meantime, this is just more bad publicity for Muscle Shoals High School and its leaders.


No comments:

Post a Comment