Thursday, August 23, 2018

Down Muscle Shoals Memory Sidewalk



Original Work of Art Entitled: Rusty Rebukes the Devil!


THOUGHT I MIGHT BE THE ONLY ONE WHO REMEMBERED BUT FOUND OUT THAT’S NOT THE CASE…MANY FOLKS REMEMBER!!!

Remember when Scott Basden became the football coach at Muscle Shoals High School some 10(+) years ago. Remember the speech he gave…YEP! So glad I recorded the speech. And as we remember what the good coach said on that night:

I will have a state football championship in 5 years here at Muscle Shoals. If in 5 years I haven’t got a state football championship you won’t have to ask me to leave because I’ll leave on my own. I’m all about winning. I want to win so bad I’d slit my kid's throat for a victory. You think I’m kidding but I’m not because that’s just how passionate I am about winning.

Well, the time has come and gone, no state football championship, and he’s still here. Well, he has brought something from the State here to our fair city that we’ve never had before…Recruitment violation resulting in a suspension – 1 st in the history of our school system.

Of course he blames that on the wife beater coach who was severely disciplined by him and Lindsey…suspended him a few days for putting his wife in the hospital after the beating he gave her. At least that coach got help and got the heck out of Muscle Shoals.

Now this is what has basically destroyed our once great school system. This type of philosophy and you question why Athletics at Muscle Shoals trumps Academics. We are in desperate need of good leadership at the Board of Education and even more at City Hall. We haven’t had a real Superintendent since Martha Livingston. If she were still here our school system wouldn’t be in this mess and you can bet the ACT scores would be much better than they are.

All Mayor David Bradford is concerned about are sidewalks. Forget job creation and job recruitment just build him a few more sidewalks. Oh I apologize, Mayor Bradford did get us another Jack’s Hamburger joint. Kudos Mayor Bradford. And by the way David, who in the world designed sidewalks that are within touching distance of traffic on 6th Street. Really? You think we’d walk or let our kids ride their bikes on that dangerous stretch of sidewalk? I haven’t seen you or any of your family walking on it and probably won’t. What a legacy you’ll leave being known as the infamous “SIDEWALK MAYOR”.


Muscle Shoals Pundit

No comments:

Post a Comment