Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Rusty Water Pipe Goes on Tour


First a fable submitted by a reader:

Why I Won't Give My Brother-In-Law Any More Money

About three or four times a year my brother-in-law comes knocking at my door. He cries about how he's changed his life and if I'll just lend him $50.00 to get my sister's wedding ring out of hock he'll be a new man and a credit to the family. The problem is there's a liquor store between my house and the pawn shop. Do I need to finish this story?

*****

Did you hear the one about the superintendent who took a rusty water pipe to an employee institute day? From there he moved on to Highland Park Elementary and a parents' meeting. We're guessing the pipe is a bit like Jack Benny's violin.

We're not sure when Highland Park was built, but we are pretty sure it was many years after UNA's Bibb Graves Hall. Any problems with rusty water pipes there? 

If the pipes are rusty at Highland Park, why isn't there money to remedy the problem? Surely there hasn't been any wasteful spending in the Muscle Shoals system's past...

*****

And a note to Dr. Lindsey, it seems many of the teachers at the high school are not happy with you and Chad Holden keeping them until after 5:00 p.m. yesterday while you spouted your rhetoric about assisting with passing the tax referendum. They want Shoalanda to make you two stop. We replied that we'll do our best.




No comments:

Post a Comment