Monday, June 20, 2022

A Message on the District 2 Election from Kimberly Patterson Butler

 



If you live in Alabama House District 2 and were given the wrong ballot during the May 24th primary, you need to read this from Kimberly Patterson Butler:


After the redistricting, a large number of people in Lauderdale county were coded as residing in House District 1, when by the map (which is the legal document), they live in House District 2. These voters were given a ballot to vote for a representative who will NOT be their representative. All of those voters are in precincts where I won convincingly. My team has the proof of this from the Secretary of State's office. My team has contacted each voter to ask them to sign an affidavit, allowing them to have the opportunity to vote. With the votes as they legally should have been done, I have well more than I need to make the runoff.

On Saturday, I have a trial. ALGOP has agreed that if I win my case, which I should, they will not certify the results from the runoff and they will pay for another runoff for House District 2 between me and Ben Harrison.

Today I am working on an emergency ruling to allow the voters who were denied their right to vote properly on May 24, to be able to vote in the runoff tomorrow. Because if I lose my case, I want all the voters in my district to at LEAST have the opportunity to choose between Jason Black and Ben Harrison. That seems only fair to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment