Saturday, April 21, 2018

Presenting Eric Aycock


From Senate District 6 candidate Eric Aycock:


I am a 1994 graduate of Muscle Shoals High School, I attended NW Shoals Community College and finished with a degree in business from the University of Alabama in 1998.  I serve as the Director of Safety for White Oak Transportation with over 200 trucks in service.  

The common goals of our community live in the anticipation of the future, for we know that the best days lie ahead of us.  As a 42 year old candidate for State Senator, I look to the future as a vast opportunity.  I see it in the eyes of my 2 young boys.  I see it in the hearts of parents throughout our district.  I see it in the restlessness of a generation that has blazed a trail of extraordinary ambition.

As a believer, husband, dad, a deacon in our local church and a businessman I know that we were all made to serve, thrive, and lead.  I only want to leave a legacy of service, regardless of party, position or leadership.  Servant leadership is the cornerstone of my campaign.  It’s not the people supporting me, it’s me supporting the people, serving the interests of the most precious resource we have, our children.

I have no scores to settle behind the veil of legislation.   As we commit ourselves to the future, we realize that the status quo will remain just that, the status quo.  And that status in Montgomery has been broken promises, self-serving legislation, corruption and greed.  Alabama is better than this.  I am a live-long conservative who will fight for the unborn, the God-given rights that He endowed upon us, and the promise of a new future in our exceptional homeland.

*****


*****

District 6: Due to the gerrymandering of districts, this senate district consists of all of Colbert and Franklin Counties, plus parts (snippets) of Lauderdale (all of Florence), Lawrence, and Marion (all of Hamilton). 

Eric faces incumbent Larry Stutts and another political newcomer Steve Lolley in the June 5th primary. For years the Shoals was represented by Roger Bedford who resided in Russellville. Bedford's hometown benefited, but our area not so much. If Steve Lolley is elected, this situation will be repeated; Lolley resides in Guin in Marion County. While we love and appreciate our readers in Marion, we obviously place the Florence/Shoals area first. We NEED representation.

Second, while we have no doubt that Lolley is a competent, moral man, Eric's credentials are equally so. The Shoals needs Eric Aycock in Montgomery. We're happy to endorse Eric for the position of state senator in District 6!




1 comment:

  1. Great decision on your part! Eric will be a real asset to District 6 and the people of the Shoals.

    ReplyDelete