Saturday, October 9, 2021

Where is John Elkington?

 

 


Several readers have asked why there has been no official statement from John Elkington on the death of a Sheffield police officer. After all, Elkington has commented several times how important the City on the Bluff is to him.

Looking back, the Memphis businessman has not mentioned Sheffield or Inspiration Landing on his Facebook page since August 29th. Those who live nearby have reported seeing no new work in progress at IL. 

The Slag Yard's official Facebook page has been taken down. No lawsuits have yet been filed, but we have no idea what the current legal situation is between the venue's Mississippi owner and its Tennessee developer. 

What does the Sheffield City Council say? Publicly, nothing. We hear there are questions being asked in private. Shouldn't these questions have been asked months, or even years ago?




This blog has been asked (amazingly) by several people to assist in taking away funds from a dead man's family. By whom? The friends of the woman he was sleeping with.

To put it as nicely as possible, Shoalanda may be a patron saint of the underdog in many cases, but this isn't one of them.



3 comments:

  1. I received a call the other day from our local "news paper" asking if I would like to subscribe, I said "no, I don't fish anymore". That is all the paper is good for. I say this because your accounts of current events are just as bad. I put this response here because I could not find one article that deserved it more than another. I wish you would give enough background info. to know "what the hell you are talking about".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We published your comment, but in future, please no vulgarities or profanities.

      Delete
  2. OK never mind, I can't use this as a fish wrapper, so I will leave with my question unanswered.

    ReplyDelete