Saturday, February 1, 2020

Personnel Problems at UNA - Part I




Part I of our series on personnel problems at the University of North Alabama, with audio attached via YouTube. Thanks to Concerned Citizen for the effort to create this YouTube channel and continuing patience as we experimented with various ways to link the audio. While we don't expect any problems with the attached sound files, if any should arise, please contact us.




Well it is me again. And yes, I am still a Concerned Citizen 101 and I will be until a change comes. And yes, it is about the University of North Alabama. 

If you remember my last postings, I wanted to find the audio recordings mentioned in the Mitchell v UNA lawsuit. Well like the good book says if you ask you will receive. It took some time to convince those who had copies of these to give them up but I kept asking. I am persistent! Once I heard them my mouth dropped open but I will let you draw your own opinion. 

Before I unleash the recordings, I will start by commenting on the Alabama A&M Head Coach statements made this week during a press conference. Now bear with me the audio recordings tie into this. I have no idea if anything Coach Maynor said are true or not. I do not know if it was just rudeness or racist. Everyone will have their own opinion concerning this. Now I will say the statement but an officer placing his hand on his gun while talking to Alabama A&M coach(es) alarms me and should alarm everyone especially in today’s climate. But there’s no documented irrefutable evidence, yet. Just one man’s word against another.





However, something in UNA’s statement made my eyebrow go up and made me laugh out loud. Real loud. The part where “Our athletic programs – including students, players, coaching staffing, alumni and fans – are held to the highest standards of respectful behavior …” I guess that does not include the rest of the University employees such as UNA Administration and Human Resources. Because what’s on these audio recordings is far from high standards of respectful behavior.



Inline image

Again, as I said about Coach Maynor, claim of racism is sometimes subjective and depends on your own opinion. But I know retaliation when I see and hear it. I know threats as well as creating hostile work environment all of which are illegal. There is no way the UNA Administration specifically the President as well as Board of Trustee members should be okay with any UNA employee regardless of race being spoken to in this manner. Not just once but repeatedly by some Vice Presidents and Head of Human Resources. These conversations were reported numerous times. I am just livid and confused as to why nothing has been done about this. Listen for yourselves...


Tomorrow: Part II with recordings

No comments:

Post a Comment