Monday, November 20, 2023

Live in Florence or Killen? Have a Clue What Congressional District You Reside In?

 



For decades...and decades and decades...all of Lauderdale County was part of the Fifth Congressional District. Since the 2020 census, part of this county is now in the Fourth. Look at this map closely (you may click to enlarge):




See the red line? That's the line of demarcation between the Fourth and Fifth Congressional Districts. Florence appears evenly divided, as least by acreage, and one-fifth of Killen appears to lie in District 4, while the rest remains in District 5. Are you confused yet?

We recently offered an early endorsement for Rep. Robert Aderholt (apologies for misspelling his name) in District 4. Not only is he the lesser of two evils, he's recently endorsed the eradication of Hamas and won even greater support from many of us. 

But what about District 5? Many residents are totally displeased with Mo Brooks' replacement, but now it's gotten even worse. 

Tomorrow: The Indicted Candidate


*****


HI, I'm Sneakers. I'm standing here wondering who the hey named me. Don't worry, if you adopt me, you can change my name to something much more girly. I'm 20 months-old and a German Shepherd/Lab mix. I'll be waiting for you at the Florence shelter in the industrial park:




No comments:

Post a Comment