Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Ag Center Antics Redux


A letter from ZAR:

Hello Ms. Shoalanda,

One thing I always look forward to before a three-day weekend is a Lauderdale County Ag Authority Board meeting.

After watching this meeting I have to say that the Lauderdale County Ag Authority Board did not live up to the values embodied in the Constitution of the United States.

When government officials create a public comment forum greater free-speech protections do apply.

It is one thing to say that questions will not be answered but it is entirely another subject to say that a speaker is not allowed to say anything in the form of a question.

Tammy Irons could have possibly been elected Governor of the State of Alabama, but instead this is what she has become...

I am also very disappointed in Lynn Greer. Why did you allow Tim Melson, a first term state senator, to jeopardize your legacy Lynn?

One thing that I want to make clear is the reason why I am against the Ag Center. I am 100% against lawmakers writing new laws for the purpose of redirecting tax money into an account which bears their name.

I think it is worth repeating. I am 100% against lawmakers writing new laws for the purpose of redirecting tax money into an account which bears their name.

The jobs created from the proposed Ag Center will be retail and food industry. My wife retired from Walmart in Florence after almost 40 years. I want better for my children.

A new tech school sounds great, but I have a news flash for the members of the Ag Authority. The UNA President and the NWSCC President do not answer to you. The Superintendent of Education for Lauderdale County as-well-as the City of Florence do not answer to any of you. I do not understand why you ever thought they did?

A wonderful question to ask anyone running for the LCBOE Superintendent position is do you answer to Tim Melson or do you answer to the people of Lauderdale County?

I believe many of the ladies outspoken at the meeting would be well suited for placement on the Lauderdale County Commission.

Your good buddy ZAR


We basically agree. We do think Lynn Greer is the bad influence on Tim Melson. Other than that, ZAR is spot on!




No comments:

Post a Comment