Saturday, September 1, 2018

Tuscumbia Traffic Lights?




The Midnight Rider Debates an Article



By: The Midnight Rider




Today my sons and I were riding the back 40 acres checking on the herd. You know my sons, Easy Rider, Cool Rider and Circuit Rider. My Dad was with us, Ole Ghost Rider, himself. Anyway, we decided to take a break to grab some lunch. Stopping at a small restaurant in the County, we sat down for a meal.

While waiting for our food, my youngest son, Cool Rider, said “Dad, you might want to read this” as he handed me a copy of the Times Daily. I read an article (You Said it) from someone that just slurred the Mayor of Tuscumbia, then talked about St Florian, Walmart and Tattooed girls, Trump as well as Whoopi Goldberg. Looking over the Editorial, I came up with the following commentary.

In regards to the Mayor of Tuscumbia, the article centered on the traffic light and the previous speed bumps at an intersection. I got on my High Tech phone and before long; I had found information about this intersection. It seems that this intersection has been a problem with wrecks especially during the school year. This was reported by the Times Daily as well on Social Media such as Facebook.

Ok, I’m just a country boy but if there is a problem with an intersection, doing something to correct it doesn’t seem out of the way. It would seem to me that people would be glad. Let me state here, I don’t know Mr. Underwood. I wouldn’t know him if he sat next to me at the restaurant.

However, by “reading” (which is a way to do research), it appears that he is at least trying to better the City of Tuscumbia. Also, I don’t see where calling Mr. Underwood names adds merit to the opinion of the author.

Furthermore about this article in the Times Daily, the author begins to deviate from his initial subject to other areas that do not have relevance to Mr. Underwood. I am not sure how Trump or Whoopi Goldberg has relevance to what you are trying to convey.

But let’s go with your scenario. Let’s put this in a Court Room with Mr. Underwood and the red light being the reason you are there:

You: St. Florian lowered the speed limit

Defense Attorney: Objection. Relevance?

Judge: Sustained

You: Whoopi Goldberg

Defense Attorney: Objection. Relevance?

Judge: Sustained

If you are going to criticize someone or possibly several different people, make sure you have your facts and it is written in proper English Terms. I am not saying you’re wrong, I am saying you went about it wrong. Name calling is something we did in grade school. I have an idea, if you are so unhappy with Mr. Underwood as Mayor, in a couple of years, run for Mayor and change everything. The only thing is I live in the County and can’t vote for you.

I asked Dad, the Ole Ghost Rider, what he thought about the Editorial and he replied “Horse Hockey.”


I am and always will be, the Midnight Rider...



No comments:

Post a Comment