Friday, August 21, 2020

The Sheffield Vote




The next four years will prove 1) Will there actually be an Inspiration Landing? and 2) If there is an IL, just what will it eventually encompass? If the answer to the first question is "no" or if the answer to the second is "only a financial loss to Sheffield," then the sitting council will have some tough decisions to make.

We have looked at the candidates for the council's five seats and find most of them qualified. We do have one endorsement and that is in District 5. We're happy to support Randa Simpson Hovater:

"I am running for Sheffield City Council District 5. I’m attaching my campaign flyer. Alongside some of the issues and ideas I have listed here, I have spoken with residents about what their concerns and issues are in our district. Most have expressed issues in regard to an avenue of communication with their council member and I have decided that if elected, I’d like to host open discussion town halls for the residents of District 5 to participate in to bring up issues and concerns about different matters they may have."


No comments:

Post a Comment