Thursday, March 25, 2021

The Ripples of a Family Murder

 




Some weeks ago, we asked our readers how they had personally been affected by a murder. While the ripples of homicides could be casual, they may also be extremely personal, as with this account. We thank our reader for sharing this with us:


You ask how does murder effect someone? Here’s my story. Four years ago my brother-in-law murdered my sister-in-law (my best friend/sista) and then turned the gun and blew his brains out. You know how we found out? Facebook and WAFF 48 news. Imagine driving over as fast as I can. There were two dogs we had to get out. I had to go back in for dog food, pads, etc. The scene? OMG! There was so much blood. And brain matter & blood all over the walls, ceiling. Imagine if you had to go in, step over where a dead body had been to get personal items and dog supplies. Imagine cleaning up the mess the SOB made.

I cannot forgive him for what he took away from us. I love you and will forever miss you, sista.

Then there’s the court thing. Legal matters where the other family disputes the will. I won’t go into specific details, but it was literally another couple of years of pure hell.

My husband's and my life changed in the blink of the eye. I suffer from PTSD, depression, anxiety and I have flashbacks of the scene. Every time I hear a gunshot or fireworks, I cringe. Oh, and I lost my job due to how it has affected me.

I would like to add they were married 20 years. You just truly never know why he did what he did.



No comments:

Post a Comment