Monday, September 19, 2022

More Arrests for Our Former Blogger Anthony Durham

 




Anthony Shane Durham was arrested on September 15th on charges of Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Possession of Methamphetamine, and Failure to Appear. Court records show that Durham, who claims to have paid all previous fines, etc., still owes the City of Florence $2,166.00. 

Durham, who used the pen name Jasper Black when he blogged for Shoalanda Speaks, is scheduled to appear on these charges November 8th. Besides two traffic cases, he still faces jail time on being a felon in possession of a gun and bail jumping. 

After we last reported on the 36 year-old homeless man, he contacted us to threaten a lawsuit and to again blame us for not "using our influence" to have charges dropped after assaulting his then wife and threatening his wife's co-worker. It would seem that Durham has a pattern of threatening and assaulting women. 

We have checked, and the woman he threatened or possibly attacked at a local apartment complex last winter has passed away, meaning there is no way to press charges on this incident. We do know that Anthony is the subject of a serious investigation that we hope is concluded swiftly. 

We all need to continue our efforts to feed, clothe, and provide shelter for the less fortunate. Let's just remember to keep safe while doing it. We sincerely believe in assisting the homeless when possible, but it isn't always a given that these individuals are mentally competent and no threat to others.

Do we regret attempting to help Anthony? No. We just wish there had been a better outcome.



5 comments:

  1. There has never been an assault on my ex-wife, the phonecall ordeal did not turn an indictment, and I never threatened any cancer patients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, we understand that marital problems can bring false accusations. The harassment charge? Look at the Gerry Surratt Sheffield sex charge. No indictment doesn't mean innocent. The incident with a terminally ill woman? Let's see, the Florence Housing Authority/Police were interested in your actions on their property; at least two individuals (one deceased) told us you were stealing services from an apartment complex near the FHA property, and you openly admitted on Stolen Stuff of the Tennessee Valley that you had a run in with a "crazy, drunk" woman at some point. We don't advocate foul language, but we understand the cancer patient being terrified of you when she found you on private property in an unkempt state trying to wash your clothing on someone else's dime. Please, Anthony, get some help.

      Delete
  2. I wasn't stealing service I simply wanted to use a coin operated laundry room and cry my shoes and charge my phone and I had a then friend who lives at the complex. This has gotten blown away out of proportion. Also I was never charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm I was charged with an expired permit. I thought all was well with the people there as since then I've sat and had a beer with a few of them. The guy who said I couldn't use the laundry room politely ato which I complied even wanted to buy my backpack bc it was similar to the one he used in the service. Please. This is blown out of proportion it is not accurate and is causing me bad stress and depression why did nobody ever even ask me. I'm sorry if I upset anyone but I wasn't trying to. And I absolutely did not assault a terminally ill lady, I never assaulted my ex wife, and I'm not a violent person. I don't have theft charges in Florence either so your report last November is very very wrong.please just stop all of this I'm trying to improve myself I attend programs and meetings. This all just hurts I've been suicidal over this. Please just stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, Anthony, the apartment's facilities are not coin operated. They are PRIVATE. I've seen the signs. Sorry that dog won't hunt. The man with whom you spoke said he threatened to get his service revolver.

      I want you to know you are in my prayers, sincerely. I want you to do right and be happy...and honest. If you're never arrested, or even if you are for something minor, I don't plan on mentioning you again. Please try to get well. We do love and want the best for you.

      Delete
  3. Also no indictment means that a grand jury did not have reason to push charges. I made some angry phonecalls during my divorce in a drunken relapse and I've paid dearly for the harassing communications that was turned which is misdemeanor

    ReplyDelete