Saturday, April 10, 2021

Randa Simpson Hovater on Leaving Florence-Lauderdale Tourism

 


Last year we were happy to endorse Randa Simpson Hovater as she sought a place on the Sheffield City Council. Mrs. Hovater's credentials speak for themselves. Now it seems she's leaving her position with Florence-Lauderdale Tourism, an organization that more than ever needs all the help it can get. Here in Randa's own words...


For quite some time now I have been contemplating and praying about something that I knew would have a great impact on my life. The past several weeks I have been manifesting finding my dream job - one where I was valued as an employee for my talents, my work ethic, my organizational skills, my education and my literal existence within the office. Most importantly, I wanted to work somewhere that had administration that valued me as an individual with no strings attached. I had that in my first position in Birmingham and I thoroughly enjoyed going into work and working alongside my boss, Casey each day. Casey instilled in me the value of a non-toxic work environment and I am so thankful to have had that experience. This week I took a break from my manifestation, prayers and hopes of a dream job until yesterday morning. I felt led to sit at my desk and write a letter to myself that stated, “You are powerful, talented and intelligent. Some day you will find a space where those qualities— and all your qualities will be valued. You just have to be patient.”
Today, it is with a very light heart that I announce I am no longer affiliated with Florence - Lauderdale Tourism. I am so looking forward to this next chapter in life and I cannot wait to update everyone with the news of my next step professionally. If you’ve known me from my time at FLT— please don’t be a stranger! I still am so devoted to the tourism industry and would be happy to help you in any facet of tourism, especially in Colbert County where I live and where my heart is. Right now for a small amount of time, I will be taking this time to focus on some Sheffield City Council projects I haven’t had time to complete and digging deeper roots into this city I am so blessed to call home. I have no regrets whatsoever regarding this news and I have no harsh feelings toward most of my past coworkers and the colleagues and friends I have made at FLT. The relationships I have formed in the tourism industry in the Shoals and across the nation are absolutely invaluable to me.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on making a difficult decision. I look forward to Sheffield benefitting from your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I second that! Congratulations and we all hope you have a bright, fulfilling future.

      Delete