Monday, March 2, 2020

Gary Dan Williams Responds


Dr. G.D. Williams has responded to a letter we published earlier today. We feel that he handled the accusations very well; however, he did not mention his alleged relationship with erstwhile baseball coach Jeff Cruse (the main accusation that made it incumbent to be published in our blog). We are happy to publish Dr. Williams' response in its entirety:


I vowed to run a positive campaign for Superintendent of Education for Lauderdale County Schools and I am proud to say that has been accomplished. I never dreamed this could get so ugly and it is very difficult to defend against anonymous accusations.
My campaign represents change. Everyone knows that and a few are very uncomfortable with this. It seems like this small group will do almost anything to keep positive change from coming to the central office, our schools, and our students.
Let me set the record straight concerning the anonymous lies being said about me.
In my 22 year career in education I have never had a formal grievance filed against me.
There have been no formal disciplinary actions ever given to me.
My tenure as Principal and Director of Career & Technical Education at Muscle Shoals City Schools was 6 ½ years. During that time, I signed 3 principal contracts and had 2 years remaining on my last contract when I left for Waterloo.
I am currently in my 2nd principal contract in Lauderdale County.
I went to Waterloo because I wanted the opportunity to be a PK-12 principal in Lauderdale County where I live and went to school. It was a great opportunity and I am thankful for it. I grew both personally and professionally while there.
I have never violated any Lauderdale County School Board or Alabama Code of Ethics policies concerning campaigning.
I have never sent teaching & learning surveys to students without principal approval.
I have never attempted to make changes to our business programs without superintendent approval.
During this campaign, I have endured attacks and slander against me in a professional way. This experience, as difficult as it has been on my family and me, has prepared me even more to become the Superintendent of Education for Lauderdale County Schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment