Friday, July 29, 2022

Letter from a Florence Police Officer

 


Betterton Demonstrating His Leadership Skills


Part II - The Letter

To whom it may concern:

My name is Tim Glover. Everything I share with you can be verified by witnesses, letters and emails.

I worked as an active police officer for the City of Florence for 26 years (1995-2020). I filed for disability through the City and am currently awaiting a hearing with S.S.A. I am currently being paid through a company (Dearborn) contracted and paid for by the City of Florence. My time is still counting toward my City retirement. I am an inactive City employee not yet retired.\During this timeframe I worked 20 years with the Lauderdale County Drug Task Force and was Director of the Task Force from 2010-2019.

During my time as Director, I was notified by an agent under my supervision that they had been contacted by F.P.P. Officer Mike Holt who was either a Captain at the time or had been selected as Deputy Chief. (I do not want to represent that I remember which position he held). Holt told our agent “if anyone asks I was on a detail for the D.T.F.”. Apparently Holt was involved in a wreck in a City vehicle and was possibly doing something OR was somewhere he shouldn’t have been when he wrecked. He needed an alibi!!!

Since Holt decided to involve the D.T.F. I contacted (then) F.P.D. Internal Affairs Captain Ryan Fleming and expressed concern that possible misconduct and/or illegality of falsely filing a report or filing misinformation on a report may have occurred. Captain Fleming told me he would investigate.

After a period of time I received a call from Captain Fleming. I was told he (Fleming) was threatened by Chief Tyler with termination for investigating Holts’ wreck and that he (Fleming) was made to give name of officer that reported to I.A. That officer was of course ME. Chief Tyler had checked Fleming’s computer search history and saw he was pulling information on Holt and SHUT DOWN THE INVESTIGATION. Please don’t take my word contact Ryan Fleming who is no longer at F.P.D. This is verifiable.

After months of frustration (April 1, 2020), I emailed Mayor Andy Betterton and City Prosecutor Bill Musgrove an employee grievance on my City email account (tglover@florenceal.org) (I will provide copy of email) advising them of the facts regarding “possible filing a false police report” and an attempt at getting an alibi to cover a crime. Needless to say I never got a response or reply. Most alarming was my access to City email was terminated after sending the email to Betterton and Musgrove. The email also referenced the I.A. investigation being shut down! Silence from the Mayor’s Office!

I ask you this. If your next door neighbor came and said “if my wife asks, I was with you all night!!” What is the 1st thing you would think? Neighbor is doing something wrong or illegal. Right? Well I need help bringing this to light.

I tried the proper channels and those channels are corrupt. I have witnesses and email. ALSO, the D.T.F. agent who was initially contacted can verify along with another agent from F.P.D. who was assigned to the unit at the same time. 3 agents can verify the call took place. 1 former officer will verify they were intimidated into closing the investigation and 1 email will verify Betterton and Musgrove know and are complicit.

I do not expect you to believe me over this email. I will gladly meet with any representative of your organization who will fairly weigh the facts in this allegation. My 1st paragraph tells my name and this has been my email for years. I look forward to hearing from you or anyone else who can call things accurately without the pressure of City politics or politicians.

Improper, unethical or illegal? There has to be an investigation to find out which!!! If it is any of the 3 shouldn’t someone, or somebodies be held responsible?


Tim Glover

updown7768@gmail.com


5 comments:

  1. I smell an 'Ethics Complaint' in Betterton's (Worston's?) future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what does it say about the local "newspaper" that instead of this appearing as a byline with a follow up investigative report, it appears on a political blog on the internet. You cannot tell me that the city of Florence and the TD are not in collusion to keep the public as apathetic and stupid as possible about what is going on in this city...but hey.....it is HANDY week after all!!!.........Who is playing music at FloBama is what is really important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. We've never seen such a cover up article as what was written about the Colbert animal shelter problems. Why?

      Delete
  3. Once again, I find myself in agreement with theavenger. TEOTWAWKI must be nigh.

    ReplyDelete