Saturday, September 19, 2020

Shoals United Stars


 
From a Muscle Shoals Mother:

How about an article about the positive impacts the Shoals United Stars team is having on these special needs kids? And how Muscle Shoals needs more of these programs! We finally got to have our first practice back since COVID!! The smiles on these kids faces were priceless!!! 

I'm a mom of a special needs kid. And until you have lived it you can't understand! I watch my typical kid who is a year older than my son with ASD play sports without any limitations and although I'm full of excitement for him there's always that hurt in my heart for my son with ASD who doesn't get these opportunities. 

Monday night was a huge milestone for him. He participated!!!!!! Yes participated in a group sport with peers!!!! And he had a blast! He has asked each day since when his next practice will be. I ask you to be a voice for our special needs kids !!!! They need and deserve more opportunities here!!



No comments:

Post a Comment