Monday, November 18, 2019

What Shoals Residents Say about the Salvation Army




It's recently been big news that the fast food icon Chick-fil-A has dropped the Salvation Army Church from its list of charity donation recipients. Props to the makers of the best chicken sandwich ever!

Yet, this Georgia based company isn't the only one who no longer supports the Salvationists. We invite any of this church's supporters to take a careful look at just what this organization stands for.

Locally? This is what some have posted on the local church's Facebook page:

I have endured abuse at this shelter not only by residents but staff dorothy would laugh with the people threatening me and when I told captain they put her on temporary leave and hired her back how is that justified she would yell cat fight and meow over the intercom to steer everyone up I was then later attacked by a girl from the shelter because she was kicked out I left shelter with no electricity on in my new place because dorothy was working and the residents where starting on me I have let captain wendy know what was going on and sadly dorothy is still working there the residents do all the chores there when staff are present......

I would not recommend working for them.The Salvation Thrift store in Florence, Al. does not appreciate their employees. This is an organization I admired for so long until I worked for the manager, she has personal issues that she needs to resolve instead of taking it out on the employees.I understand we all are human and make mistakes but for me I was not allowed to question anything and I was spoken to as if I was,really of no importance.This was occurring before I was hired, It became worse when I refused to allow the manager to speak to me in a negative way in front of the customers.She admitted she was,exhausted,worried about donations, had been looking for a home to buy with no luck...basically taking it out on Loranda and myself.Loranda told me she was tired of how she was being treated but could not quit because of the bills she owed...I was trying to stand up for her and myself by simply trying to calmly talk things out, Pam does not understand good,communication. Who is my witness? Loranda and my Lord.Pam speaks against the Captains, it,was a hard place to work if,you are an honest person. The actual work and the customers I loved.Minimum wage, you are worked hard while the manager and her friend do not work as a group effort. I would recommend donate yourself to those in need, continue to give from your heart.Pray for those who are in power and do not use it,in a Christian way.Jesus is not just for Sundays, he us our way of life 24/ 7. God bless .

I'm sorry when you kick the family out that has a two-week-old baby and two other small children that ain't cool that's not Godlike


Does the SA Church ever do good works? Of course it does. So did John Wayne Gacey and Jimmy Savile; that doesn't mean we should overlook their evil actions. This Christmas, give to a local charity which helps local citizens no matter their color, religious beliefs, or sexual orientation. Don't stop there; demand your local government do the same. Let's all work to make the Shoals a better place to live.


No comments:

Post a Comment